Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Stranger Things Happen #2 or Edison's Visit

You'll have to excuse the number of posts today, but since I can't go outside, I don't really have much else to do. Anyway, I never really talked much about Edison's visit, although he assures me that I have a lot of interesting stories from the visit.

On our way to meet my friend Daniel, as we were leaving the MRT station, we come upon this old man whose legs have apparently given out and a younger woman, who I thought might be his daughter but who later turned out to be a stranger like us, was helping him up the stairs. I don't know what happened but it took all three of us, and most of Edison's upper body strength to get him into the cab. The woman hopped into the cab with him to make sure that he got home alright. I can only imagine the hell he caught from his wife/daughter/daughter-in-law though. Damn.

Also, Edison ate an incredible amount when he was here. I'm suprised he didn't gain back all 8 pounds he lost in Shanghai.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, chinese pop is most love songs! does that make you a...

=) =) =)

lovelesscynic said...

NO!