Wednesday, August 03, 2005

K8-83 is my favorite class of all time

Yesterday, I completed the Triumvirate of Terror by sending Loud Tony out into the hall. Other than that the kids are fantastic. I guess they just seem more enthusiastic about learning. I found out that they are all 12 more or less. When we did an exercise they were quiet for about 15 minutes and it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. I guess I like that they ask questions and if they don't understand I don't have to drag it out of them. I think I'm also getting better at explaining things to people who don't speak English that well yet.

A few more anecdotes, although I'm sure they're not really amusing to anyone except me. If you don't like them, don't read them.

Me: When I write my friends in America e-mail, I write about this class the most.
The class: MSN or Yahoo?
Me (unable to explain gmail): MSN.
The class: Ah! and one of them explained to me: MSN is good.

Willy's sentence for the word smart. "Smart Andy does his homework before he goes to school." There are two Andy's in the class Andy Wu or Loud Andy and Andy Chou or Quiet Andy.

Me: Willy, who is Smart Andy? Loud Andy or Quiet Andy?
Willy gesturing at Quiet Andy's chair at which point Loud Andy gets up and starts wrestling with him.
Willy: Teacher, I did not say. I did not say it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd miss Loud Andy, Loud Tony, Willy, Tina, and the Jesus Twins if I never heard about them again. I especially like Willy's (im)plausible denial. And the kid who said he had to buy a gun to get ready for a party (!).

Alia said...

Your blog makes me laugh out loud a lot. I think my family's starting to worry for my sanity as they hear me choke back desperately on my all-too-spontaneous outbursts of laughter.If they institutionalize me I'm calling you for help.

lovelesscynic said...

I'm really glad that you like it so much. However, I will try to be less funny from now on so that your family will not think that you are insane.

Anonymous said...

Kids can be shits. But sometimes--as you have discovered, much to my glee--they can be awesome.
"Teacher, I did not say it," indeed.
-Jess