Saturday, August 27, 2005

5566

I've never been a fan of boy bands. But I have to say that Asian boy bands are the worst. They often dress in things like turquoise, chartreuse, or gold lame in outfits that all match. Also, most of them aren't boys any more, most of them look to be pushing 30 at least.

However, the band 5566 takes the cake. Dressed in matching outfits of gold and white they Riverdance on stage with a bunch of girls. It's really the most horrible video I've ever seen. Also the song is super up beat and there's another section where the group does good deeds in the community while dancing. For example when a little boy drops a bunch of his pencils one of the group members magically appears and dances into the foreground and helps him pick them up. However I think in real life the little boy would probably be thinking "Stop dancing around and help me already, you crazy fucker."

I have been translating pop songs though. I think it helps my Chinese a lot because before looking up a character, I will listen to what it sounds like on the song. It's nice to be working with written Chinese, although it's sort of embarassing how long it takes me to get through them and how the grammar of these songs sometimes perplexes me.

No comments: