Monday, May 07, 2007

Neighbors 2

The neighbors' situation is clearly getting worse. There was more screaming last night, parents and kids, and it sounded like things were getting thrown. I feel like I should do something, but I don't even know where their apartment is. I'm even less sure about the legal or social factors at play here. For example, in Taiwan, legally a woman has to be beaten 7 times and report it to the police before she can file for divorce, hella fucked up, no? So I don't know if the police would do anything if I did call them. When all is said and done, it really sounds kind of scary, and leaves me with a lingering sense of guilt.

Anyway, now I know how Mrs. Skidmore felt when we lived in LA. Except she lived across an American street, which means we were probably a lot louder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ugh. there's no easy way out of some of those situations....sometimes feels like no right answer.