Saturday, November 12, 2005

My adventures on the train, or how I defrauded the TRA

So for those of you who know me personally, I teach a lot on Saturdays and the end of this usually takes me to Taipei. By the end of it, I'm generally pretty tired and want to come home. So, this time, I decided to take the train. What a mistake that was. The earliest train coming back was about 20 minutes late and when I took it it was a mysterious express train that took about an hour and twenty minutes. Furthermore, it took me past the commuter train station which is right next to my house. At that point I was confronted by a bit of a dillemma. I had only paid for a ticket to my train station and going all the way to the Jilong station was going to cost more. At the same time, I was tired and just wanted to go home. So on my way out, where you're supposed to throw your tickets in the bin, I threw mine in slightly crooked so it turned over, obscuring the fact that my ticket was not the same as the others and just kept walking. No one stopped me. I have now knowingly defrauded the TRA of 2 kuai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

devious and ingenious!

-Michelle