Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Joys of Teaching Children

You know that your life has gotten a little weird when you find yourself giving romantic advice to a twelve year old. I had sort of forgotten that twelve year olds had love lives, although if I think back to when I was a kid, they definitely do.

I have to say, I've learned a lot about people by teaching kids. Particularly about little kids. I don't know if I think that younger children are more innocent or particularly different than adults, I think they're just less slick about hiding it.

In a bookstore which I was at, doing Christmas shopping, they played an endless track of Christmas love songs, thereby combining two of my least favorite genres of music into one horrible giant combination, and it's not even December yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know that DisOrient Asian Film Festival thingy?
i got an email to volunteer/intern for it.

-Michelle