Sunday, July 24, 2005

Oh the humanity!

I have been without Internet for two or three days now. Anyway, I'm back online and I have much to catch up on.

For the last couple days I've been seeing people in a parade dressed in what looks like Chinese opera outfits parading through the streets with floats. Today took the cake though, besides the people in the parade and the floats there was a truck playing disco-y pop music at the end of it. I'm not quite sure what's going on exactly, I'm guessing it might have to do with the Ghost Month festival or something.

Today, I went with Shuqin, my buddy, to Jiufen, which is up on a moutain. It's a little touristy, with lots and lots of people and lots and lots of things to buy. It's really beautiful though, you can look down and see Keelung Harbor, or Jilong Yu. Tomorrow (Monday) is the last Monday I'll have off, so I might head off to Taibei for a while, we'll see.

Also, I think my Chinese is getting better. I can understand what the Chinese teachers say at my office, although they don't know I can understand them. Also, I have now complained in Chinese and made someone laugh in Chinese.

There'll probably be a hundred other posts as I become less tired and remember things.

No comments: