Sunday, July 17, 2005

Every movie I see has Edison Chen and Shawn Yue in it

Ximending was a lot slicker than I would have expected of the area frequented by college students but I guess it is Taibei. Apparently a typhoon is coming tomorrow, so there was a lot of rain that started while I was there. However, I did find a large record store that also sells DVDs which had a pretty large selection. I bought this movie, Jianghu on impulse. I knew that it starred Andy Lau of Infernal Affairs fame, but when I played the movie on my computer, the first two people I saw were Edison Chen and Shawn Yue again. They really need to make more movies that don't involve triads or each other.

Anyway it was pretty good movie although the twist at the end I didn't particularly like. It once again confirms for me that Shawn Yue is a far superior actor to Edison Chen. Although I'm pretty sure no one else cares about this but me. It's all about brotherhood, which for you Chinese nerds has something to do with the Rivers and Lakes of the title. Anyway, all this brotherhood becomes a little, uh, well, homosocial after a while, at least to me. Whatever.

Another fun factoid, Taiwanese rain stings. I think it might be acid rain.

No comments: