Thursday, April 26, 2007

Alright, fuck this heavy shit, let's get drunk

Shui Diao Ge Tou
In the ninth year of Xining, in mid autumn, I drank until dawn and wrote this poem while thinking of my brother.
Su Shi

How long has the moon been there?
I raise my glass and ask the evening sky.
I'm not thinking of what year it is
in the heavenly palace.
I want to grasp the wind and fly there.
I'm just afraid that that lofty jade realm
will be a bit too cold.
Dancing with my shadow,
what could be better than being here?

The moon shines,
glancing on crimson towers,
slanting down on embroidered windows.
I cannot sleep.
I shouldn't be bitter,
but why did the moon choose this lonely time to be so very full?
People have sorrows and joys, partings and reunions.
The moon brightens and darkens. waxes and wanes.
Although it is difficult to be together now,
if we live long enough,
we may be able to enjoy this beautiful moon together once more.

No comments: