Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random Thoughts

Today, one of my students, Andy Wu, kindly pointed out that I had a pimple on my face. I really wish I would outgrow this, but I'm beginning to think I never will. Anyway, he said, "What happened to you? You are like this." He put his hands together and with a pretty good imitation of a Buddhist monk began intoning "A mi to fo."


Also I never really understood personifying things like M&Ms or chickens that you end up eating. That seems vaguely ghoulish.

Speaking of ghouls. I recently taught the word vampire to my favorite class, and so today, when practicing the past continuous, we used the events of William and Andy Wu dying to ask what other people were doing when they died. William decided that Andy and him were going to be vampires and drink people's blood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet. man, i bet english classes are weak sauce when other people teach them.