Monday, December 12, 2005

Jay's signature

I'm not sure how I became Jay Chou's champion of intellectual and academic worth. (I'm not really sure that he needs it.) But anyway, in a strange turn of events my friend, Daniel who saw Jay in Taipei a while ago, gave me his framed autograph, which he got from him at the time, although he didn't tell me about it.

Honestly, I'm less excited by the autograph itself than the circumstances by which it was obtained. But at the same time, it's another reminder of how life here is unpredictable and sometimes kind of awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder how much it would sell for on ebay.
-Mich

Anonymous said...

wait wait, how did Daniel get it?

Anonymous said...

Nien, the first half of the story Clara's already linked to (I kept the asking for the autograph bit secret in order to make the present a surprise). I'm going to write up the actual signing moment in a day or so...

Anonymous said...

ok ok, the first half got me hooked.