Sunday, July 01, 2007

Retribution

So while in Japan, we got back to the hotel late, and my father's girlfriend and I were walking home. So all the happy drunk people were running to catch the last subway train. I was incredibly amused watching people.

A young woman in an evening dress gave some man in a suit, old enough to be her grandpa a kiss on the lips. This other man was lying on the ground, I was tempted to roll him over on his side, so he wouldn't choke on his own vomit, but he kind of stirred and muttered something, so I figured he was ok.

But there was this one man, immaculately clad in a suit, perched on a short pole, you know the kind that they put on sidewalks so that cars don't drive on them, but a really narrow one. And he was just sort of perched there, with his legs up you know? I was so busy laughing at him that we missed the turn we were supposed to take, and ended up getting lost for about 20 minutes. It was worth it though.

No comments: