Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The "What Kind of Asian Are You?" quiz

I'm pretty sure I've seen an older version of this. But I think it's been updated to fit the times.

There's some kind of horrendous music on the site, but you can turn it off if you scroll to the bottom.

Some things that I don't remember from the last time I saw this, (or perhaps it's just senility setting in prematurely.) which I also thought were kind of funny.

For
Asian American:
You are confused about your cultural identity and express this frustration through spoken word performances at your college
You read A. magazine and think it's great

The Gangsta Fob
Your hair looks silly, but no one will tell you because you'll shoot them
No one tells you your rice ride looks cheap because you'll shoot them

Recently I''ve been having some thoughts on the whole Asian American identity thing. I haven't really had a racial identity crisis in a while, so it's been kind of interesting. I'll probably say more about it later.

Also Magniloquence (who should update more) linked to this. It is hella awesome.

And now to the post office! Because mailing packages and paying bills is most exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's what a white radical feminist has to say about the "trumps" issue:
"Seems to me that, whatever you say, someone will show up with “you think you’re oppressed? What about race/age/ability/sexuality/HIV status/mental health/sex workers rights…” yadda, yadda, yadda… And, yes, I get that we’re all fighting our own particular corner and that every single one of those corners matters. None of them ‘trumps’ another - any feminist worth her salt will have examined and come to understand the system of oppression within which we all live, how it works, how it sustains itself - and our own place within that system.

Racism, sexism, ageism, sizeism, ableism (physical and mental/emotional), poverty, religion, even language ffs - all of these and more have to be included in a feminist analysis of our oppression, surely?"
Link