Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hooray for Surface Mail

I'm packing my first box of stuff to ship back home tonight. Rarely has packing ever put me in such a cheerful mood. The first survey of my home leads me to believe that I have actually accumulated few possessions which should make the whole process a lot easier.

I generally end up packing things in a hurry late at night and usually spend a lot of time carrying things and wondering why I have so much stuff anyway. Hopefully surface mail is significantly cheaper than airmail. I mailed some gifts to people today and holy jesus crap that was expensive! The good news is that the women at the post office are always incredibly nice and helpful.

Fortunately it looks like I will be able to acquire free boxes from my place of employment. Hooray for free boxes!

No comments: