Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pondering

So I made the mistake of giving some of my adult students my screen name. This means that one of them has talked to me every day since he added me. Perhaps I'm being antisocial and mean, however, when I'm at home this means that I'm not working. And I suspect he wants to free English practice. I'm not required to be charitable when I'm not on the clock.

Last night, he also decided to give me tips on how to find friends in Taiwan. I want to say that it was a language problem. However, he also said it in Chinese, and it sounded about as patronizing. I don't think he meant to be patronizing, but I tend to react badly to that sort of thing. It brings out my inner snarky-kid-in-the-back-of-the-class. I don't like being told what to do. Also, his advice wasn't really all that that good.

No comments: