Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Settling In

I realize it's been a while. I've had the flu and also been moving house and then just being kind of lazy. I'm pretty sure I didn't have SARS or the bird flu for those of you who have been asking. Recently I've been feeling in a slightly contemplative mood. I've pretty much settled into my new school and I still really like it a lot. My classes are a lot more manageable and smaller, and I'm gradually getting to know my kids a lot more.

My CE01 who I taught the alphabet to are going to have their final on Monday. One of the girls isn't coming back. I think she's just too young and she should try again later. The rest of them have really made a lot of progress and I'm pretty proud of them. Two of them, Hubert and Draco, are pretty focused and study really hard. There are a couple other boys who have joined the class and actually having a couple more kids added has made the class a lot more cohesive. You need a sort of critical mass before a class becomes a class and not just a small group of kids.

In my junior high school class at Shane, we've been reading A Little Princess in a simplified version which they actually seem to like a lot. Despite my initial belief that a reader wouldn't take very long or be very interesting, it does take up some time and they seem to get kind of into it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

do you have Mad Cow?

-Michelle