Thursday, May 11, 2006

Reading

So my reading ability has increased to the point that I can read one Bleach comic book in 3 days. Deathnote is still slightly harder, so about 5 days. Suddenly reading has once again become an expensive habit. So to that end, I decided it was probably time to venture into the wide world of literature. However, I generally get attracted to the classical literature that I can't read yet. It's really frustrating when there's a book that you really want to read right there and you just don't have the skill to read it. Also for a lot of what's on the shelf, I'm not sure sometimes if it's worth reading and authors like for example 莫言或者王安憶 are often too hard.

Instead I read 陳雪 蝴蝶的記號 which was pretty easy. The next story in the collection is harder, I'm not sure if she's being incoherent on purpose or whether that is just me. I've just started 王安憶 現代生活 which is the simplest book of hers that I could find and it seems like I can understand that too. If anyone wants to recommend a book though, I'm open to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I liked very much the new pics, especilly the one in black and white. Keep them coming! I hope you'll be able to read the books you want very soon. Good luck!

Laura