Monday, May 15, 2006

It was my birthday. It's not really anymore

Although technically, in the states it may still be my birthday. Probably not though. Anyway, my birthday actually made me kind of depressed. Most likely it just made me miss home for the first time. Also, it made me sort of think about where I've ended up and how it's not exactly where I thought I would be. Although that's not neccessarily a bad thing.

My Chinese teacher told me about a hiking trail literally about 5 minutes from my house. My roommate and I just walked up the hill and there we were. We hiked in there for about 3 hours and we still didn't go everywhere. There was this one time where we started to hear flute music which seemed sort of weird like we were walking in a movie and we followed it and came across this guy playing his flute in the middle of the woods. When he saw us looking he stopped, and when we left he started playing again. Sort of like a wild bird.

Also I lied, I can now read a Bleach comic book in about 16 hours. This is really going to become a very expensive habit. It's funny but once I start reading a comic in one language I don't want to switch. So I read Naruto in English, and Deathnote and Bleach in Chinese. I'm not sure what that means exactly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, happy be-lated birthday! I don't know your name or age but I check out your blog almost every day. I like whay you have to say and your pics are very cool. By the way, your spelling for "chandelier" was perfect... no mistakes there. Have a nice day!

Laura

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Clara ;)

-Michelle