Thursday, September 20, 2007

Conversation from the bus stop

Man at the bus stop: I'm meeting my friend, we're going to sail on my yacht. Actually, it's not a yacht. It's a sailboat.
Lovelesscynic: Oh...
Man at the bus stop: My girlfriend's pregnant. She's a nurse. The head nurse, on the sixth floor.
Lovelesscynic: Uh oh. I mean, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Man at the bus stop: Well, I made it. So I'll take care of it. You have kids?
Lovelesscynic: No.
Man at the bus stop: You will. You seem like a nice kid.
Lovelesscynic (thinking): When is the bus going to come?!

1 comment:

Factorial said...

Why does this happen? Why is there always some weirdo who insists on talking to you when you clearly don't want to be talked to? This is the greatest advantage of either a cell phone or an iPod, they allow you to make it seem like you're busy / can't hear.