Thursday, June 22, 2006

When it's hot

I don't want to eat. I swear to God I haven't eaten hardly anything in the last two days, it's so hot. Anyway, I also attribute the not eating and sleeping badly to stress. I'm studying for the GRE which I'll take in a couple weeks, plus other stuff. Anyway, I have now been in Taiwan for more than a year. It's kind of exciting and also kind of just like normal.

Anyway, I just got back from Toroko Gorge. Never have I been to a place where the scenery was so spectacular but where the food sucked so bad. Truly though, that place is amazing. It looks just like a Song dynasty painting for those of you who are Chinese nerds. Most of the time AdriAnne and I just would stop for a minute and just say "Oh my God! It looks just like a painting!" Seriously though, the gorge itself is made out of marble and so in the river there will be these giant chunks of marble roughly the size of a pickup truck which are made out of marble. Somehow this impressed me rather deeply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which one are you taking? (GRE)

no wonder so many mainlanders want to vacation in Taiwan...

-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Don't they have cold noodles there?

(Altho this is what popped out of my mouth when I read your first paragraph, I wasn't going to post it because it sounded silly almost right away. But She Who Must Be Obeyed said I had to.)

(Those word verifications are getting very baroque.)