Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ichiro

So I have this student, formerly named Wayne. Wayne apparently really likes Ichiro Suzuki. And he actually has a print out picture of him in his bag and sometimes during class, he will take out the picture and show it randomly. (Just for reference, Wayne is in the fifth grade.) Once, I called him Ichiro as a joke, and he immediately changed his name on all his books, and his classmates have now adjusted to calling him Ichiro.

I just consider it his nickname, since Ichiro He isn't probably the best English name ever.

Speaking of odd English names, my boss has been trying to open a lot of classes recently, so we've gotten a lot of people coming to the school who have never studied English before, and there have been some odd names. For example, two sisters named Liny and Tini. We're going to suggest Lindsey and possibly Tessa. Although if anyone else has suggestions for a different name for Tini, I'm open. Anyway, there's some kid who's signed up for the demo teaching I'm doing on Saturday named Neo, and there's another kid signed up named Barbie.

No comments: