Friday, March 10, 2006

我想家

I've been kind of homesick recently. So in order to remind myself of home, I watched Better Luck Tomorrow. The parts of America that I miss really aren't represented in movies or tv shows or anything like that. But in watching it, I was reminded of how much I really love that movie.

Of all the people that I know, I think I like it the most. And after seeing it so many times I can definitely see the flaws. Some of the scenes don't really work and the chronology and continuity are both a little problematic. Why do some scenes seem to be several months later and the next day simultaneously? Also, the filmmakers clearly haven't been to high school in a very long time because they have the characters do that science experiment where you prick your finger to test and determine your blood type. (When I was in high school we couldn't do it for fear of AIDS).

At the same time, there are a lot of things I really like about the movie. The camera work and the color are both pretty cool, and some of the scenes just work really well.

In other news, I will soon be almost completely at my new school and I just had a really good class with my junior high class there. Now if only I can come up with just as many good ideas next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't you be homesick for a chickadee pooping on your slipper after you go outside twice a day to give it and all its friends and relatives sunflower seeds? I know I would be.

ASJ said...

"Of all the people that I know, I think I like it the most." Was this a fruedian slip? Did you mean to say that you like movies more than people. I mean it's pretty funny and it's funnier if you meant to write movie