Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Things that have made me happy recently

Voxtrot released a new EP. I don't know if they're my favorite band per se. But they generally release one song that I have a tendency to play on continuous repeat for longer than I should. Since I track these things, this tends to rack up an embarrassing score on iTunes.

It's not particularly new, but I also downloaded Talib Kweli's Quality. He's probably been growing steadily on me for about 3 years. I first heard him on Black Star with Mos Def. (I'm actually not sure that anyone really cares, but what the hell.) And then about a year after that I bought Reflection Eternal. Which was pretty good, and has one song which was pretty amazing, but which for some reason never motivated me to buy any more. So I finally got around to buying Quality, and I'm pretty glad I did.

Anyway, onward ho with the grad school applications. (Or should it be westward ho? And am I in fact going west?)

No comments: