Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sometimes I just get lazy

I had a request recently to talk more about my daily life. To be honest, my daily life is not very exciting. Every day I wake up around 6 or 7 and either go to Chinese class, or study or look on the Internet for a while and then go and eat breakfast/lunch. After that I go to my school and prepare my classes.

Right now I have a lot of time on my hands. I have one little kid class which is really basic. I just taught the ABCs and how to write them. It's harder than it sounds because I have to teach phonics and phonetic values too. Some of them are pretty young and don't really focus that well. I have one kid who I call Prince Draco because when he doesn't get his way he sulks and won't do anything. I have a 5th grader who just joined the class. He's a nice kid but has this sort of resigned look of, "Well, I don't like this, but I have to do it." I have an adult class that's pretty low level, they're fun although they don't really like to do much work. I have a junior high class which is very quiet but they're nice kids. And I teach another large and rowdy junior high class at Kojen. All in all, I have a very low key schedule, plus a couple private classes. I need to start studying more Chinese too.

I've been in Taiwan for almost 9 months or so. That's kind of scary. It seems to have gone by so fast.

No comments: